CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Dancing in the rain

It's hot, humid, sticky, and rainy in Virginia Beach today...and I absolutely love it! It's the kind of rain that seems to fall in big globs down from heaven...the kind of rain that makes you want to put on a t-shirt and dance in it for hours. I love when it rains and it's warm out! When I was little my grandma would wrap me up after a bath and take me out in the rain in my towel. This is the kind of rain that makes me wish more than anything that Matt were here with me...I would drag him out in it and we would dance and play for hours. We haven't dance din the rain yet...It's pretty hard to find rain in San Diego (which I am not complaining about) but it's something I am really looking forward to doing when he gets home. I am hoping it will rain in Hawaii where the air is always warm and sweet...and we can dance together on the beach near the ocean...soaked from head to toe.

I really loved being back in Texas with Cara and her family and friends. I always feel very at home there, and everyone is so nice! Men are actually gentlemen, and you can always find good country music on the radio...her friends always greet me like I am a part of the group, and her family is always so kind and loving. I am convinced that I was a Texan in another life...every time I have been there when I was little, and with Cara, I have always loved it, and never wanted to leave. Being there makes me appreciate close families and friends.

I couldn't be happier with who God sent me to build a family with...I will love Matt for the rest of my life, and be thankful for him each and every day. I can't wait to start our own family together...just the two of us for a few years...then add in a fun-loving yellow lab we are going to name Clifford...then a few lil ones a few years after that. Mostly though...we will always pay attention to the little things...and make sure everyone in our family knows how truly loved they are!

I am so thankful to Cara and her family for showing me that close families do exist, and flourish with the ongoing presence of self-less love. I also want to thank the people in Houston and all over Texas who value family, friendship,God, pride, respect, manners, real tex-mex and some good old country music! Although Matt is where my home is...being in Texas definitely gets me closer to feeling like I am home when Matt is away.

1 comments:

Cara said...

I'm so glad you love Texas like I do! And I agree with you, I think you were a Texan in another life. :) I can't wait to hopefully go back with the guys in a few months!