CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

It's been forever...

I know that it has been forever since I last posted a blog...It seems like things have just been crazy since Matt got home, and we have been going non-stop! Since he got home 51 days ago we have...

1. Gone to Hawaii
2. Gone to check out our wedding spot
3. Re-organized our little apartment
4. Spent time with all of our friends who are deploying sooner than expected :(
5. Printed and sent out wedding invitations
6. Visited with my parents here in San Diego
7. Planned everything for the wedding...
8. Moved to a new townhouse
9. Got my engagement ring re-sized
10. Bought our wedding bands
11. Planned our bachelor/bachelorette party
12. Packed and un-packed all of our stuff
13. Been working...well, Matt has ;)
14. Taken the test to become a substitute teacher in California (Kara)
15. Gotten to know each other again after a long 7 months!

It has been great and busy at the same time since Matt has been home, and I am thankful to have him back each and every day. Deployments are definitely not easy...not in the beginning or the end...But we have gotten and are getting through it together!

We are very excited about the wedding!!! We checked our mail for the first time last night at the new house and we were attacked by RSVP cards busting out of our little mailbox :) We were very excited to get them...and feel so much love from both the people who are coming and those who can't make it as well. We love all of our friends so much and can't wait to see them all again in the summertime!!!

I couldn't sleep last night because I was up late thinking about all of our friends who are dealing with deployment right now...Cara and Patrick, Erin and John, Jen and Eli, Tania and Doug, Stephanie and James, and all of our single friends too! My heart truly goes out to them, and I am so proud of each and every one of them for making this sacrifice and being so strong. The military can be hard to deal with...But, for me, it's worth it to be a part of something bigger than just myself. I can honestly look at Matt and I, and all of our friends and see people with amazing passion, character, strength, and love. I have looked my whole life for friends like these...and have found a few along the way...but not like I have found within our military family over the past year and a half. I am thinking of all of you...and love you all!!!

Well, Stephanie just dropped off my little buddy Jack the chihuahua, and he is hanging out here for a few hours today while she is at work. Jack is the cutest little dog, and he definitely made me smile every time I saw him even when I was sad that Matt was gone on deployment. He is a little sad at the moment since his mommy just left...so I am going to go play with him for a while.

I am sending out care packages to Cara, Erin, and Jen this week...So keep an eye out girls! :)

Only a month until the wedding....I can't believe it's so soon!!!

Last but not least...I promise to be better about blogging now that we are in our new home and things are calmed down a bit.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

What a fabulous 51 days! Good for you for soaking it all up! :)

Beautiful Post!

Happy Wedding Planning!

Kara said...

You are always in my thoughts and prayers too Tiffany! Not long now!!! I am sure you are getting soooo excited! :) I am so happy for everyone to finally be getting their husbands back in Virginia!!!