CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, May 15, 2009

So proud of him!!!

Today Matt had his first solo flight after a year out of the cockpit. Right after he finished the rag last year, he was sent on IA to Iraq and wasn't able to fly while he was there. He is just doing a short refresher course back at the rag before he goes into a squadron in a few weeks, and today was his first flight by himself. We were both really excited and I drove to base and waited at the park at the end of the runway so I could see him.

It was so exciting, and I am SO proud of him for having such an amazing attitude over the past year with everything that has been going on! Next time maybe he can sneak me in his bag...I am so jealous he gets to do this all the time!!! ;)

Here are some pics I took of him taking off:


4 comments:

Cara said...

So glad he is up in the air again, where he should be! We are proud of you too, Matt! :)

Stephanie said...

Wow...what a neat experience!!
Cant wait to meet you this weekend! I know Cara is so excited to have you here!!

Tiffany said...

Oh How Happy He Must Be!

matt said...

Great blog! I feel so amazing. ahhaha. If i was on this site i would write a great blog about you. love ya.