CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Flowers made me smile

I woke up this morning to a delivery truck at my door and a box willed with these:


...And a very sweet note from my wonderful fiance :) They were beautiful, and a great surprise! Haha...I wasn't the only one who liked them though...I put them in my room and someone else found them to be very amusing:




My sweet kitty poof found them and played with the little whispy green things forever! It was too cute! I had to remind her later, when she finally almost knocked them off the table, that they were for me...not her! ;) I absolutely loved the flowers...and love Matt even more! I am such a lucky girl to have him in my life, and it means the world to me that he is thinking about me and loving me all the way from Iraq!

I have had fun since I have been home...here are some of the pics from my various outings with friends:





I have enjoyed visiting Michigan...but after being gone for almost a month I really miss San Diego! I miss my friends, the ocean, our apartment and bedroom, surfing, the sunshine, and just feeling like I am at "home". I love my friends here, but have also changed a lot since I moved away a year ago. Instead of feeling at home here, I feel like San Diego is my true home now, and I can't wait to get back! :)

Since I have been home we have been on a camping river trip, gone to an allman brothers concert, visited my college and professors, hung out with my kitty and doggies and my family, got a new phone, and hung around with friends. This whole "vacation" has been so busy, and I am exhausted!

Tomorrow my mom and I are going to be volunteering at the John McCain event tomorrow, and working hard for something we both believe in. I am excited to see what McCain and Palin have to say, and to just do whatever I can to help out at the event.

Saturday and Sunday we are going to be wedding dress shopping, finally, and I am beyond excited! It will be fun to share this experience with my family and friends, and to finally feel like a real bride...I know when I see myself in a beautiful dress I will be super emotional because it will all really seem real that I have found the love of my life and will be marrying him in 7 months!

For now, I am just doing what I can to be there for my friends who need me, and to raise awareness that people need to support our troops in Iraq. I think all too often people forget that the people we love are out there fighting for them, and for people who cannot enjoy the same freedoms we do...and that they do it because they love all of us, and want us all to continue living the lives we love. No matter what anyone's views are on the war, or the president, or anything else...our loved ones are out there sacrificing their comfortable lives here, volunteering to be away from their families because they believe in our country, and are willing to protect it no matter what that may involve....and their families are here missing them, and waiting for the wonderful day when they finally get to come back home! We need to pray always for our military and their families...and let them know we are thankful for what they do each and every day.

Though some parts of being back in Michigan have been difficult...like realizing that I just don't fit in here anymore because I have changed so much...I have continually asked God to show me the purpose in me being here, and God has shown me that I am here just to be there for the people who need me. I am happy to have had many opportunities to talk with people and offer them support and encouragement that could possibly change their lives for the better...and I am so thankful to God for showing me that there is good and a purpose in every situation. I can't wait for God to show both Matt and I what our purpose in this life is together, and to live it out with him each and every day for the rest of our lives!!!

1 comments:

Cara said...

Awwww, FLOWERS! That is SO sweet! Lots and lots of brownie points for Matt!

It looks like you are having a blast in Michigan! Isn't it nice to go home and reconnect with old friends?

I might be a little biased, but I think you are going to have even more fun here. ;) hehe!