CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Surfing cures everything!!!

I had an amazing weekend filled with lots of surfing, and spending time with friends! I went surfing on Saturday after my class with James, and his friend Matt, and then Stephanie came with us and went for a run on the beach while we all surfed. I had a blast!!! It was so nice getting back in the water after being gone for a month!

After surfing we had a bbq at James', which has come to be one of my favorite things to do!!! It's nice to just hang out, eat, and talk with everyone. It is really like my "family" time since none of my actual family is here, and Matt is gone too. I also spent a lot of time playing with Jack, Stephanie's little chihuahua, and think I made a new best friend! He is too cute, and not your typical crazy chihuahua. He is really friendly, and so playful, and I had a great time chasing him around the house :)

After sleeping in on Sunday, James called and said that they were buying Stephanie a wetsuit, and that they were all going to go surfing in the afternoon. I am always excited when more girls want to learn to surf, since I am usually the only girl out there, so I threw on my wetsuit and headed down there! Les and I got there a little late and it took me forever to find everyone! I almost gave up...and then I saw them out of the corner of my eye and paddled, for what seemed like an eternity, over to our group! I had so much fun surfing with everyone! Sarah came too, and her and Stephanie did great!!! I did great too and caught a lot of waves! I dropped into one wave and it was the most amazing feeling...I was beyond excited! We all sat there on our boards and watched the sunset together...talking and cheering each other on. It was absolutely amazing, and a moment I will never forget!!!

This week has been a bit hectic with school, the wedding, and just everyday things I have been doing. I had a freak out moment where I thought we were going to have to change the wedding location again because airfare is so expensive...and spent two days stressing over what to do! We ended up deciding to keep it where it is, thank God! We will just have to figure out plane tickets for people, and help them out if they are ridiculously expensive...which is no problem!

I have actually been looking at wedding pictures and videos of weddings at the same resort, and they are amazing! The place is just beautiful, and I can't wait for everyone to be there and share in this special moment.

I am sending in the deposit for the wedding tomorrow, and ordered our save the date magnets today! They should be here by October 12th, so I will be getting them out right away after that so people can book air and rooms, and get the best possible price.

Anyway, after the way the beginning of the week went, I was very glad when Stephanie and I decided to go out surfing today! We met in Cardiff, one of my favorite spots, and paddled out for about two hours. The weather was beautiful, the waves were perfect, and we saw a seal and dolphins swimming right next to us!!! We are both animal lovers, so this was the best thing ever :) We both caught lots of waves, and had so much fun! We watched the beautiful sunset, and then went back to her place and grabbed some food. We had a great time talking, and she is officially my new surf buddy / girl friend :) I really needed a stress release, and I couldn't have asked for a better night!

I was happy to find a message from Matt waiting for me when I got home! (as they are the highlight of my day) And am just finishing up some homework before I go to bed.

This week has actually been good, in that I am learning to combat stress with activities that make me healthier...like surfing, rollerblading, and running! (Yes, me..running...longer distances...it's a miracle!) I feel really healthy and in shape and happy too!

Oh yeah, I also sold my surfboard (since I am using Matt's) and am buying an acoustic guitar, and I am so excited to learn how to play! I am really proud of myself for doing so many of the things I have always wanted to do, and I can't wait for Matt to come home and do those things with me! It's gonna be even more wonderful than it already is now :)

0 comments: