CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

A new day

After an interesting weekend that left me feeling a little angry, sad, and sick of being around drunk people, I decided that I would wake up on Monday morning with some new goals, and take the first steps toward a new and more fulfilling life! I did get up early, but ran some errands before embarking on my new exercise regime. While I was at the grocery store buying healthy food, my mom called and told me that she was up all night worrying about the wedding. Since my mom is usually not a worrier I was concerned. She went up to visit my aunt and uncle and was very disappointed in the condition of the farm where we were going to hold the wedding and reception, and that we needed to come up with a better plan. We did have a back up location, but that seems to have fallen through as well because it just isn't big enough, and does not reflect what I want for the wedding.

So....about an hour of brainstorming my mom and I came up with the idea to have the wedding in Mexico! I talked it over with Matt, my bridesmaids, and Matt's family and we have now officially moved the wedding south! We are thinking Cabo San Lucas right now, and are looking for a resort that will accommodate us and our friends and family. We still want to have a reception and everything...so I am very excited! I think Cabo is a better reflection of Matt and I anyway because we both love tropical weather, adventure, the ocean, ocean sports, swimming and the sunshine! Plus, we have always said that we want it to be a big party for everyone, and something that no one will forget...so I think Cabo is the perfect place!

I did eventually take my first steps on my journey to the new me yesterday afternoon. I rollerbladed around the bay for over an hour and got a great workout! I realized last Saturday when I was on my way to class that I want to be the kind of person who gets up early and starts their day with some sort of outdoor activity. As I drove by the bay I saw lots of people walking dogs, rollerblading, running, and biking on the great paths that are all around there, and instantly promised myself that I would do the same! Well, I felt great after my rollerblading session....so great that I am thinking about going again today! Maybe this will turn into an everyday thing rather than a three times a week thing.

I just love the weather here, and being outside in the sun and by the water. I had a great time just rollerblading along and taking in all of the beautiful parts of southern California! And to add the whole we are getting married in Cabo thing to it....well, it's just amazing!!!

I wanted to thank all of my friends who got to hear all about my weekend and how I felt about it! I don't know what I would do without my best friend, Matt, and my other best friends Cara and Toni. Thank you all for listening and being there for me when I needed you!!! I am so thankful to have all of you in my life, and cannot wait to continue this journey with you all!

Well, I am off to do some more rollerblading...Yay for the new me!!!

0 comments: