CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 23, 2008

It's all about the jibe!!!

Matt and I have had an amazing last few weeks here in San Diego! We rented a sailboat twice and went sailing in mission bay. It was absolutely amazing, and we had so much fun! It was funny because we have both sailed before, and walked into the store where the sailboats are with lots of confidence...the guy asked us if we had sailing experience and we went on and on about how we have sailed different boats, and how Matt took classes at the academy...we were feeling all confident and proud...until the guy handed us a "simple" sailing test and we both looked at each other with worried looks on our faces! Luckily, the guy basically gave us all the answers, and let us pass!!! We took the little boat out and had so much fun that we took Matt's grandpa back out the next week while he was visiting. (and consulted some of our friends with real experience before heading back, in case we got the test again)

As a future marriage and family counselor who will be dealing with couples all the time, I am going to suggest that all of them rent a sailboat together, take it out sailing, and then come back to me and tell me all about it! It is an amazing way to see how your relationship really works...both people have to work together, and both are a little nervous, so their true colors really come out. The funny thing with Matt and I is that we have completely different approaches to sailing, and at times, we did annoy each other a little! But...we recognized our differences and laughed about it the whole time! We also adjusted our own feelings, and actions in order to work with one another and sail our little boat. We had such a great time!!! It really showed us how well we work together, and how much fun we always have when we are with each other.

When we got back to the dock the first time we took the boat out there was a huge sea lion sitting right where we had to go! It was so funny! One of the guys who works there came to the end of the dock and yelled at the sea lion to leave...which just made the sea lion mad, so he started barking at the guy and chasing him away. All of the dogs on the boats near by also started barking, because they all hate sea lions, and it was a huge barking mess! The guy who worked there went and got a big stick and showed it to the sea lion, who then got back in the water, came up for air right by us and kind of spit at us, and then went to another dock and barked even louder at the worker guy, us, and the dogs....It was the funniest thing I have ever seen!!!

We had fun with grandpa too, and he even sailed us around for a while all on his own! It is so amazing to be out on the water with someone that you love! I am so lucky to have found Matt...He is the love of my life! We love to do so many of the same things, and are always up for an adventure! I can't believe I get to spend the rest of my life with someone as amazing as him! He loves me for who I am...and even when I am angry or upset or acting like a 2 year old...He is always there for me, welcoming me with a big hug and smile, and loving me more then anyone ever has or ever will!!!

0 comments: