CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, June 8, 2008

We are ENGAGED!!!!! :)

A week ago today Matt made me the happiest girl in the whole world.......

The day started off with me getting up early to go and get my cousin Natalie from the airport. She came in from Michigan via Texas after a conference, and would stay with me at Matt's place for the week. I was so excited to see her, and couldn't wait to get to the airport! I met her there, and after waiting in traffic for an hour we finally got back to Matt's apartment. Natalie had not met Matt yet, so I was really excited for her to meet him for the first time!

Natalie, Leslie, and I all went out to lunch, and Matt ended up staying home because "his stomach hurt." So us girls went out and ate and hung out for the afternoon. After we got back Matt and Les went to the store to get food for a bbq we were having later that night. Natalie and I just hung out, and of course I talked about Matt, how we met, how much in love with him I am, how amazing he is....I probably went on forever!

After Les and Matt got back, Les suggested that we take Natalie out walking by the ocean so that she could see the water, the sunset, and take pictures. I decided that would be a good idea and went in to tell Matt that we were gonna go for a walk.

So, the three of us set out walking in a neighborhood in La Jolla where Matt and I used to walk at night. We really got to know each other on these walks...We would always walk near the ocean, hold each other's hand, and talk about everything! Along the way there is a park where we used to stop and look at the waves far down the cliff below, and where we had our first picnic. I guess you could say we fell in love on those streets, in that neighborhood, in the park....

We got to the park about 30 minutes before sunset. On the way there I talked about how Matt and I used to always walk back there, and how we had our picnic at the park. I talked about how happy I was that tonight there were clouds in the sky...and how pretty the sunset would be. I had no idea at all that tonight would be the night that would change my life forever!!!

When we got to the park Matt and I walked over to some rocks and sat down. Natalie sat on the other side of us, and we all watched the sun get lower, the clouds turn pink and orange, and the birds fly overhead. Matt suggested that Natalie take a picture of us before the sun went down, so we stood in front of the sunset and she took the picture. I went to walk away and take a picture of Natalie next, but Matt grabbed my arms and wouldn't let me go. Haha...I said "what are you doing?" and He said that he had to ask me something and kissed me, and I kept wondering why he was acting so weird....When he started to drop to his knee it finally hit me...."Oh my gosh...He's proposing!" At first though, I thought he was kidding since he kids around all the time, and I started to back up. He held on to my hand tight and then I realized it was actually happening!!!! At first I also started saying "no" and I think it scared him...but I meant no as in oh my gosh I can't believe this is happening!!! and don't joke around about it....But in my heart all I was saying was YES, YES, YES when I realized he was really proposing!

He got down on his knee and said "baby, will you marry me?" and I screamed "oh my gosh" about a million times...and of course, said YES!!! I was in absolute shock!!!! He stood up and I jumped on him and almost knocked him off the cliff. He finally had to ask if I wanted to see the ring, and then opened the box and put it on my finger. I was still in shock!!!! I was so happy...It was literally the best day of my life, and the best moment of my life so far.

When I turned around, I saw a letter sitting on a rock with my name on it. I opened it and read Matt's loving words...I was filled with emotion, and cannot describe the way I felt right then. I could barely read the letter because I was shaking with happiness!!! We took a few more pictures, and headed back to the house. I don't think I stopped smiling until I fell asleep that night.

By the time we walked back from the park everyone was at the apartment waiting for us. Matt's friends Brian, James, and Jack came down just to celebrate, and Les cooked a ton of bbq. We all hung out all night and it was so nice to have all of their support! Of course I called my mom, who was waiting up to hear from me, and texted everyone I know!

I found out later that Matt actually called my mom to ask her permission to propose to me. They haven't had a chance to meet yet, so it was really special that he would call her! I guess he tried to get a hold of her for a while and finally left a message on my parent's answering machine almost yelling with excitement that he loved me and wanted to propose to me, but he needed her permission first. She called him right back and said that she was so excited, and would have waited by the phone if she would have known. Of course she gave her blessing!

Natalie became an accomplice while we were all out to lunch when Les took her outside to wait for me and let her in on the whole plan. She was so excited she could barely keep it a secret.

Matt actually bought the ring while I was in Texas with Cara, and Les helped him pick out the ring!!! Which is absolutely beautiful, by the way!

Everyone knew about it, and was in on it except me! And that made it absolutely perfect!!!

I am blessed beyond my wildest dreams to have Matt in my life, and to have the kind of love that we share. I am also blessed to have so many amazing friends, and family who are so supportive of Matt and I, and of our engagement to each other.

I cannot wait to marry him....he is the absolute love of my life....my hero.

We have lots of pictures and a video of the proposal, but they are on Natalie's camera so I will post them as soon as she gets back and sends them to me.

We are so excited...I cannot even describe the feelings that we are both feeling, and the amount of love that is in both of our hearts!!!

We love all of our friends and family...and are so thankful and blessed to have everyone in our lives! We are especially thankful to God for bringing us together, and for being with us always.

2 comments:

Cara said...

YAYYYYYYY!! I am so thrilled for both of you!! You two are perfect for each other and God definitely brought you together. I knew from the first time I met you that you were such a special person and I made sure to tell Matt how much I approved of you! ;) Not only is Matt a lucky guy, but we are all lucky for him bringing you into our lives. You're going to LOVE being married!

Anonymous said...

AHHA, I love it. good stuff baby. One things for sure, if you woulda pushed me off the cliff, I woulda fell the whole way with a smile on my face. hahah.